What comes to your mind the moment you hear the word the Maldives? Do you know you can make your experience memorable through luxury travel to the smallest country in Asia? The phrase lives the moment is an indication enjoy your time right now as you never know what might happen tomorrow.
The Maldives has the largest tourist reviews and this is popular among a lot of people. The fact that the islands are so unique, provides someone the privacy they need and a serene environment is enough to desire travel to Asia.
Facts about the Maldives you probably did not know.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the Maldives
Due to the rich Islamic culture, alcoholic drinks are not allowed anyhow. There are very few licensed places to sell alcohol but done in minimal.
- Located along the equator
This means the sun strikes at 90 degrees and one has to have strong sun rays protection gear. This includes sunscreens and sunglasses.
- The whale sharks
This is the only place on earth that whale sharks show throughout the year. Anytime you visit the Maldives, you are most likely to see a whale shark.
- Lowest country on the planet
Known to be the lowest country in the world with an average of 1.5 meters above sea level.
- Deserted Islands
Although The Maldives has around 1200 islands, only 200 of there are inhabited while the rest are used for agriculture, airports, and other commercial activities.
Places to visit in The Maldives
- Soneva Jani
Suitable for a private and relaxing vacation. Comes with the comfort of a private pool, rooftop water slides, and a private spa. The interiors are made of natural pale wood.
- Boros Maldives
Suitable for romantic events such as anniversaries and honeymoons. Has an adult-only suite for romantic spas and dinners.
- Four Seasons Kuda Huraa
Suitable for family vacations. Comes with a family-sized bungalow, kids club and you get to enjoy a boat ride from the capital.
- Six senses Laamu
Good for activity-oriented persons. Gives a conducive environment for yoga, outdoor cinema, free ice cream, and water sport activities.
One of the luxuries of this place includes a seaplane from the airport. Has awesome meals as some reviews say it has the best chefs. Suitable for family vacations as a kids club is present.
Factors to consider before settling for a spot in The Maldives
- Distance from the airport to the area of destination.
- Some resorts will offer you transportation to their location, some will not.
- View of the night sky if you like stargazing.
- Consider areas with a clear view, places that are isolated for open views.
- View of the dolphins and sharks. You do not want to miss the chance of seeing the dolphins in The Maldives.
- Space for your children or friends.
- Are there enough rooms to cater to everyone under your care?
- Does the place suit your vacation needs?
- If you need a place to relax, have family time, or treat yourself.
- Your budget.
- Places you can get souvenirs.
In conclusion, legendary places in the world such as The Maldives can give you a lifetime experience and unforgettable memories.